Earlier this month, we hosted the first event in our This Way Up Global Summit series, here in New York. These half-day events are designed to create a platform for content providers, agencies, and advertisers to collaborate and explore solutions to the industry’s biggest challenges.
First up: Advanced TV. What does the marriage of web-like data and addressable TV imply for advertising? How do viewers find programming in a world of fragmenting viewing experiences and skinny bundles? How do programmers find scale in a world of multiple screens, a boatload of apps, and new business models? We examined all this and more with industry experts, lively panels, and one-on-one conversations overlooking Central Park.
Check out the video:
- The TV experience will evolve to a hybrid of broadcast + playlist: the “Spotifyization” of TV.
- Gen Z expects targeting, likes to binge, and will use TV as social capital.
- Current TV targeting & measurement is mayhem, to put it nicely.
- Still no consensus on what makes “premium” premium when it comes to video. Production value? Data targeting? Distribution?
- Do most brands care about the politicization of viral video?
- Is there enough scale in OTT right now to make it worth it for advertisers?
The revolution is far from over, but massive change is underway. We look forward to continuing to partner across the ecosystem to lead the charge!